3.11.2011

the story.

on thursday (feb. 3), my cousin laura asked me to go with her to get her mission pictures taken. her roommate had offered to take the pictures up the canyon. i thought it was weird that they were taking pictures up the canyon, but laura said her roommate was also taking bridals for another girl there. Laura was going to get a few pictures taken after the bridal session was over. laura told me to look nice so i could get in a few pics as well.
laura picked me up on friday just after i got my hair cut. we drove up the canyon, talking about mission pictures and optional poses. we pulled up to canyon glen. i said to laura,

"hey this is where preston and i had our first kiss!",

and she said she had forgotten about that, and then she quickly changed the subject. we walked out into the park and across the bridge. in the distance, i saw flowers and assumed there were for the bridal shoot (oh how oblivious i can be!). as we came around the trees, this came in to sight....

i was shocked.
i asked laura where the stupid bridal shoot was, and she just laughed and walked away.


preston got down on one knee.
he asked me to marry him.
i smiled.
and i said yes.


we talked, ate chocolate and snuggled by the fire (he made it all by himself!)
i cried. and he did too... possibly even more than me. he's the sweetest boy.

(warning=kissing picture. i don't like posting kissing pics but this one is just too darn cute)








(pics are staged after the engagement. awesome photos taken by laura)

i was super surprised to say the least. he got me good. well, actually laura got me good. preston can't really lie, but laura sure can! i had no idea.
it was one of the best days of my life.
and i'm sure there's a lot more of those to come.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this!! The pictures are perfect. I cant wait for the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete