3.25.2011

one fateful day

this past wednesday,
i got out of class, called preston, and started walking to my car.
he was helping paul fix his car, so i decided to wander over to the mall in search of wedding finds.
at gap, i stumbled upon this shirt....



and fell in love. i called my mom and sister, hoping they would hurry down to see the prospective bridesmaids shirts.
my mom answered said she would hurry down! i was getting very excited. i had looked for weeks and weeks for possible outfits with no avail. maybe this would be a great start.

i wandered over to a few other stores while i patiently waited for my mom. i walked into banana republic (they're having a 25% off sale items) and saw a dusty rose color out of the corner of my eye. i quickly walked over to the shelf, hoping it was something good. and to my surprise....it was.

i found some simply beautiful dresses. in the perfect color. they were very summery with a greek-goddess feel.

the dresses had a similar feel and look as these few images....





and they were on sale! imagine my delight. i went over to nordstroms to meet my mom (dad had tagged along too), and i took them over to banana, completely forgetting about the shirts at gap. when i entered the store again, i stopped, staring at the lady at the check out counter. immediately, i knew who she was. she was buying a pink checkered shirt, probably for her little boy.
can you guess who it was?

i'll give you a hint...her blog won most inspirational blog of last year

it was stephanie nelson of Nie Nie Dialogues!
i purposefully stood by the front of the door, pretending to look at some coat.
when she was about to leave, i stopped her to talk for a minute. for a second i thought she would just brush me off, but she was so sweet and willing to talk to me.
i told her i was at the BYU beauty talk she gave last november, where she told the story of her accident and talked about beauty from within.
i meant to take a picture, but of course i forgot. this pic will have to do




so in all, i bought my bridesmaid dresses and met an inspirational lady.
i would say that's one for the records.



1 comment:

  1. so so so so so jeal right now. She's my favorite! That sounds like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete