12.25.2010

xmas cheer

kristen and i were quite cheery this morning. can't you tell?



we woke up early to open presents (9am to be exact. my parents were just happy it wasn't 6 am like all our neighbors)

but really, the pictures don't do it justice...we really were excited! we opened half of our presents, made abelskivers, and we are now "resting" while brandon and aj go to her parents house. we will open the other half when they return. it's like two christmases! what fun.


it couldn't be christmas without the sappy part too...so here it is. this is one of my favorite xmas hymns.

"How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is given !
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of His heaven.
No ear may hear His coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still,
The dear Christ enters in."

I'm trying to let Christ into my heart so I can have a heart like His. I'm thankful for the wondrous gift He gives to me and you, and I'm not going to take that for granted this next year. I hope everyone has a peaceful and warm christmas with their family!


merry christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment